Sponsored by the Latin American Maccabi Confederation (CLAM), the Pan American Maccabi Games are held every four years in a country in the Americas. Participants include athletes representing North, Central and South America, Israel and other countries throughout the Diaspora.
In December 2007, Maccabi Canada traveled with a delegation of 100 athletes and 75 supporters to Buenos Aires, Argentina to complete against 30 countries at the 11th Pan American Maccabi Games. We are now preparing for the 12th Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
12th Pan American Maccabi Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil
December 25, 2011 - January 3, 2012
FAQ’s RELATING TO THE 12TH PAN AM MACCABI GAMES
1) When and how can I register my interest in participating in the upcoming Pan Am Maccabi Games for 2011/2012?
2) Where can I see more information about the 12th Pan Am Maccabi Games including Sports offered?
3) What is the cost to go as an athlete and what does it include?
At this time, the estimated cost will not be greater than $6,300.00. This cost is all inclusive of travel expenses from Toronto to Brazil return, all ground transport, meals, accommodation, sporting registration, events, security etc. while in Brazil.
4) When are the Pan Am Games taking place and when will the Canadian contingent depart and return from Toronto?
The opening ceremonies of the 12th Pan Am Maccabi Games will be on December 25, 2011 and the closing ceremonies will be on January 2, 2012. It is expected that the Canadian contingent will depart from Toronto on December 24, 2011 and return to Toronto on January 4, 2012
5) Where will the Canadian contingent and their supporters (family, friends etc.) who join the group be staying while in Sao Paulo, Brazil?
6) Where will the sporting events take place for the 12th Pan Am Maccabi Games?
All events with the exception of golf, football and softball will take place at The Hebraica Centre which is the cultural and sporting centre for the Jewish community of Sao Paulo. The Hebraica Centre is a premier facility that is located only 5-10 minutes from the Hilton Morumbi. The Hebraica Centre provides swimming pools, basketball and volleyball courts, gymnastics facilities, clay tennis courts, track and field facilities, restaurants etc. See the following link: http://www.hebraica.org.br/sitenovo/
The Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil will be a spectacular event. For those who recently participated both as participants and spectators at the Israel Games, the Pan Am Games will be a very different and equally unique experience. Don't miss this opportunity to participate in a first class international Jewish sporting event.